Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tuesday and all is well

Today was a special day - Jane's birthday! Stevie arranged for Jeanine to bake a cake and we celebrated in Haitian fashion tonight with Rudy and Myrline serenading us while we enjoyed the cake. Of course, we bought Jane a Prestige to celebrate, as well.

We are relaxing now after a fun day in Jasmin - 360 people of fun. It actually really was fun. We were very busy, obviously, but it was great to see everyone. I particularly love the older people. It is amazing how many old people in their late 70's and 80's, and supported by canes made of tree limbs, walk long distances to get to us. When I am able to post pictures, I will post a photo of a group from today. They call me "Cherie" and kiss both my cheeks in greeting. One very old woman talked on and on, but much too quickly for me to have any idea what she said. Of course, it was clear that she was glad to see our team. Many people told us that they pray for our team everyday.



The dental team set up in the new 10th grade class room, which the community has built to accommodate the expanding school. Of course, they may never get to use that classroom again, but they loved it this time!

The rest of us were in our usual spots, with 3 doctors outside and 1 inside.


Our optometrist, Guerino Laguerre, was set up in the vestibule of the church just before triage. (Laguerre Guerry was not able to come again and we think that Guerino is our "regular" optometrist now.) That seems to work well.He has good light there.
 Pharmacy, lab, and triage were in the church as in the past.




Yesterday at St. Phillippe and St. Jacques seemed a little slow, but we saw 260 patients. We were set up as in the spring with triage in the church and the rest of us in the school.It is a nice set up, but I prefer the roominess, slightly lower temperature, and light in Jasmin.







Dianne commented tonight that people seem to be less concerned this time about having every problem that they experience treated. They are much more specific about their complaint. As in the past, the people up the mountain in Jasmin are relatively sicker and more malnourished. If the past is any lesson, then the patients  from Nicholas that we will see tomorrow will be even less healthy. Nicholas is about a 4 hour walk one way up the mountain from Jasmin. When Pere Sonley goes there for church, he rides a donkey 2 hours from Jasmin!

I now have two ladies making skirts for Jasmin Creations. Between the two of them, I received 32 new crocheted skirts today. So, it is imperative that I try to figure out marketing on the Internet through Etsy, FaceBook, etc. I will post pictures here, also. These women are so excited when I pay them for the skirts. This is a great way for them to earn money to support their families. If you'd like to buy one or more, just contact me!

It seems that each time that we come here, there is something new and this time is no different. The guesthouse has a new landrover, which had no trouble getting up the mountain today. That was wonderful! Also, today a man sat outside the church carving statues. Unfortunately, there was no time to watch him other than from afar.

I visited briefly with my little friend Sofini and her mom today. Again, there was not much time, but it was wonderful to see them both.

I am giving out, so I will sign off now. Terry

Terry

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your blogging, Terry. I really appreciate seeing and hearing about all you do. Please say "Hi" to Terry, Stevie, and Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete