Saturday, April 9, 2016

Trip dedicated to Steve Steinberg

I am very sad to report that Steve Steinberg, who was a member of our team for three trips, passed away last fall. Steve was a wonderful person whose quick wit, remarkable intelligence, and expansive world view enriched us all. On his last trip with us, Steve celebrated his 80th birthday. My last visit with Steve was in January 2015, when I had a business trip to New Orleans, Steve's adopted home town. Steve invited me to lunch at Antoine's where we enjoyed a delicious lunch and 25 cent martinis. Steve told me endless stories of his travels around the world and his exploits as a journalist. I will miss Steve greatly, and will cherish his memory. I am sure he is watching over us on this trip.





This trip is a little different than those in the past. Little by little we are trickling into Haiti. Our medical director, Dr. Dianne Pizey, traveled to Port au Prince on Wednesday, April 8, to attend the bi-annual Haiti Connection Conference. I will write more about that when I catch up with Dianne. The northern members of the team, including our dental director, Dr. Terry Shively, his wife Stevie, Jane Weist, Dick Anderson, nurse Darrell Martin, and Rev. Ward Bauman arrived on Friday, April 10, and successfully traveled to Leogane where Dianne was waiting for them. The southern team members, my husband Steve and I, will arrive tomorrow. I am flying from Montreal where I have been for business, and meeting Steve in Miami, then we fly to Port au Prince together. Wow! It will be nice for all the Americans to finally be together again.

As in the past, we have many Haitian team members, including a new member Sony Baziel, who will help in the pharmacy. Our other Haitian members include nurses Evens Joicin and Myrline Richeme, doctors Rudolph Richeme, Frantz Codio, and his wife Charenne, dentist Emmanuel Bastien and his wife, optometrist Laguerre Guerry, five nursing students, four translators, two drivers, and our priest Pere Sonley. Of course, we could not be successful without the great care of the guesthouse manager, Jeanine, and her staff. Lastly, we always appreciate the help of the US guesthouse liaisons, David Paige and Bob Sloane.


We expect our week to be much the same as in the past, with clinics on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, followed by clean up and organization on Thursday. (Of course, nothing is ever the same in Haiti!) Steve and I have to leave on Friday to get back for the Diocese of Atlanta's Annual Global Mission Conference,which I chair. The northerners will return to their colder climate on Saturday.

Please keep those we serve and our team in your prayers.

Terry

2 comments:

  1. OCEAN FINANCE GLOBAL INVESTMENT LOAN COMPANY.

    Ocean Finance is a Private Loan Lending company and

    a co-operate financier for
    real estate and any kind of business financing.

    We also offer Loans to individuals, Firms and co-

    operate bodies at low
    interest rate of 3% percent, loan terms

    determinant,Loan amount between the sum of
    one thousand pounds (£1,000.00) to five million

    (£5,000.000.00 Great
    British pounds)

    We also Offer The Following Kind Of Loans

    * Personal Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
    * Business Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
    * Consolidation Loan
    * International Loan.
    * Refinance
    * Home Improvement
    * Investment Loan
    * Auto Loans
    * Debt Consolidation
    * Student Loan
    * Line of Credit
    -Low Down or Zero Money Financing Program Available

    FIRST INFORMATIONS NEEDED ARE:

    Full Name:
    Location:
    Age:
    Contact Phone numbers:
    Amount Needed/ Duration:

    E-mail: oceanfinance1993@gmail.com
    Tell:+447035905707

    THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR DEBT AND

    FINANCIAL PROBLEMS !!!
    Here to show you a better way to financial freedom

    !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, I am Adorjan Adelmo from Yasinya village Ukraine and I just want to say a very resounding thanks  to Pedro Financial loan services for their sincerity, Openness, Transparency, Truthfulness, Love and support during and after getting loan funds from them. I have been through a lot in the hands of in life and time won’t permit me to say all that I went through in the year of pandemic but God answered my prayers through the support and love from pedro Financial loan services who embraced me and understood me despite my initial doubt and unseriousness and with his good heart and love I am now a home owner through his 3% interest rate loan funds and I have vow to spread this news and also tell the world that there are still genuine and few good online loan firms out there that can assist and also revive a dry bone like I was.
    Don’t fail to listen and read this testimony because this is a true life changing experience and anyone that needs this kind of turn around should not hesitate or doubt this because I have proven and I swear to God in Heaven that this story is real and also the story of my experience with them .
    Contact them today for Consolidated loan, business loan, home loan, car loan, personal loan.

    Email:    pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete